1. You can find your nearest food bank at Feeding America. You can also call the WhyHunger hotline which refers people across U.S to food pantries, soup kitchens, and government nutrition programs at 800-548-6479, or call USDA's National Hunger Hotline to find local food assistance at 1-866-3-HUNGRY or 1-877-8-HAMBRE. The information is available in English and Spanish, and the hotline operates Monday through Friday, 7:00 AM to 10:00 PM EST.
During these unprecedented times, we understand it may be difficult to find resources on how to access to food, and we are here to help! These are some food apps and websites helping you access food programs/resources easier.
- 1.Choose from restaurants and cafes that have extra meals close to you;
- 2.Reserve and pay directly through the app;
- 3.Pick up your meal at the specified pickup window, typically one hour before restaurants close.
You can find additional food resources by inputting your zip code using these websites:
Right now you may be taking extra precautions to keep you and your family safe by making sure you have what you need at home.
- This guide contains information on food planning such as what to buy, how much to buy, and preparation tips: